In accordance with the charitable mission of the Catholic Church, the directives of the National Episcopal Conference of the Congo as well as the needs of men and women, created in the image of God, since July 12, 1962 it was created the structure called CARITAS DEVELOPMENT MAHAGI-NIOKA, abbreviated to CDM, within the Diocese of Mahagi-Nioka and for an indefinite period.
Being one of the pastoral organs of the Diocese of Mahagi-Nioka, the CDM enjoys its legal personality, while waiting for its own personality, whose steps are sufficiently advanced with the Ministry of Justice, and the seals of its attribution.
HEAD OFFICE AND RAY OF ACTION OF THE CDM
Its registered office is located at DRII District, MAHAGI Commune, MAHAGI Territory, ITURI Province.
The ray of action of the CDM extends throughout the Diocese of Mahagi-Nioka, which covers entirely Mahagi and Aru territories and partially those of Djugu and Faradje.
VISION OF THE CDM
Inspired by the scriptures, Caritas Development Mahagi-Nioka aspires to a society in which "people have life in abundance" (John 10:10). The vision of the CDM is therefore that of a caring society that lives in peace, able to take charge and to lead a healthy, balanced and dignified life.
MISSION OF THE CDM
The CDM is called to concretize, through its interventions in the field, the orientations and directives of the local Ordinary, in relation to the promotion of the socio-economic development of solidarity and sharing, health and justice and peace. It consists mainly of:
1. Orient and coordinate the service of charity in the name of the local Ordinary;
2. Increase through reflection and action, the effectiveness of the Church's contribution to the efforts of the integral promotion of the person and the human community, without distinction, in accordance with the social doctrine of the Church;
3. Lead the human community and each of its members to increase charity and human solidarity;
4. Encourage and support the promotion of the human person by itself;
5. Fight against poverty;
6. Promote Justice and Peace.
VALUES OF THE CDM
The action of Caritas Development Mahagi-Nioka is rooted in the values of the Gospel and the Social Doctrine of the Church. These values, lived daily through its actions, give the CDM its specificity. This is concretely:
1. Respect for life and human dignity
2. Charity, Solidarity and Sharing
7. Protection and management of the environment
STRATEGIC AND OPERATIONAL TEAM OF THE CDM
1. The local Ordinary,
2. The Diocesan Council of Caritas Development,
3. The Administrative Council,
4. The Management Committee,
5. The Direction,
6. The Coordinations,
7. The Support Pools,
8. Parish Committees of Caritas Development.
THE BENEFICIARIES OF OUR ACTIONS
1. DIRECT BENEFICIARIES
The direct beneficiaries of our actions are the people whose life situations make them particularly vulnerable: these include women, children, prisoners, people with disabilities, internally displaced persons, refugees, the sick, the poor, and so on. This without any distinction or exclusivity.
2. INDIRECT BENEFICIARIES
The population of the Diocese of Mahagi-Nioka in general.